Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Wednesday Wedding Faves - Bridal Designs Wedding Jewellery




Today on Wednesday Wedding faves I bring you Bridal Designs Wedding Jewellery.

What inspired you to start your business?


It started by accident really! I was working in a jewellers and became interested in how the jewellery was put together, I bought some supplies and tools and trawled the internet for instructions on how to make jewellery. After about a year of making my sister asked me to make her wedding jewellery. I made quite a few sets for her to choose from and after she had picked I had a lot left over! I plucked up the courage to visit some local bridal boutiques to see if they would be interested in stocking my jewellery and they all said yes. The website came along a few months after this and I have been working on it ever since.


What do you enjoy most about your job?

Being my own boss of course is one of the best things (unlimited tea breaks!) but it’s getting great feedback from brides that really makes all the hard work worthwhile.





What has been the best moment of your business?

The best moment in 2011 was coming second out of 30 businesses in the North Devon business award. Bridal Designs was runner up in the ‘Best online business’ category.


What are your plans for the future?

I am currently looking for more stockists for my jewellery so hope to have Bridal Designs jewellery on sale in more bridal boutiques very soon. I have just started a buy back scheme called ‘Something Borrowed’ which enables brides to get their jewellery handmade to order and then return it after the big day for a refund of a percentage of the purchase price. It’s hiring but better as you get brand new custom made jewellery, I’ll be working on promoting this service.




Can you give us a ‘Typical day in the life of....’?

I’m always glued to my Blackberry so tend to be checking emails before I even get out of bed. When I do get up I’m usually straight on the laptop to answer any emails and catch up on my business Twitter and Facebook accounts. I print off any orders and check I have all the materials necessary to make them, if not I’m back on the internet ordering supplies. This goes on until I can’t take the pathetic pleading faces of my two dogs peering around the side of my laptop screen anymore and then I’m off out across the fields with them for a walk. With them back home and hopefully asleep I start the jewellery making, unimportant things like housework ;-) get fitted inbetween the more interesting stuff! If a new design springs to mind it gets hastily drawn in a notebook to come back to when the orders are completed. That’s pretty much it, I’m usually on my laptop for much of the day and evening ,people think that being a jewellery designer is just playing with sparkly things but the truth is 80% of it is computer work, updating my website, blog writing and posting on Twitter /Facebook/Google+ to spread the word about Bridal Designs!





Make sure you check out Bridal Designs Wedding Jewellery offer

don't forget to sign up for our newsletter great offers and discounts direct to your inbox 

Terri 

No comments:

Post a Comment