Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Wednesday's Wedding Faves - Cakes By Shelly

It is that time of week and today I have a great supplier to share with you today!

I hand over to Cakes by Shelly


When did you launch your business?


Cakes by Shelly was formed in April 2006.


What inspired you to start your business?

As a child I vividly remember watching my mother make birthday cakes for both myself and my sister and watching my late grandmother create the most stunning wedding cakes. When I had my 2 daughters it was up to me to carry on the family tradition and make their birthday cakes. I put everything I had learnt from my mother and grandmother into practise and a natural talent for cake decorating came through. I then had a lot of interest from friends and family asking me to make cakes for them and with that something that started off as somewhat of a hobby has grown into a very thriving business.


What do you enjoy most about your job?

I love making people happy, the smile on a child’s face when they come and collect their birthday cake and the emails from brides saying how happy they were with their wedding cake. I am privileged that I am allowed to play a role in some of the most important events in peoples lives.





What are your plans for the future?

To continue enjoying what I do. I love my job and this is reflected in the standard of my work.


Can you give us a ‘Typical day in the life of….’?

I am very fortunate to be able to work from home and for me this is absolutely perfect. On a typical day I get up and reply to any emails from the previous day, make sure I know what I’m doing in the way of orders for the week and then just get on with baking and decorating.


Cakes by Shelly are offering 15% off all wedding cakes booked before 31/12/11

You can follow Cakes by Shelly on Twitter at @Cakes_by_shelly

Don't forget to check out the other great offers on Big Day Discounts

make sure you check back tomorrow for a bit of festive cheer!!



No comments:

Post a Comment