Pages

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Ardley Weddings & Events Ltd

Todays supplier interview comes from the lovely Ardley Weddings & Events Ltd


When did you launch your business?

Ardley Weddings & Events Ltd was launched in April 2009


What inspired you to start your business?

My Daughter actually inspired me to start the business, she was 13 at the time, and said she would like to become a wedding planner, after planning my own wedding, I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the planning, meeting up and chatting to suppliers, trying to find the best deals and discounts. I thought this would be an amazing opportunity to build a future for my daughter, but also for mother and daughter to work together.

I researched, and found there was a market for affordable wedding planners, in my area, so I took an Event management and Wedding planning course, and once I had my diploma Ardley Weddings & Events ltd was born.

Now my daughter has a future career in the business and once she leaves school/college, she will take on the roll as wedding planner, and build the business even more, as she would also like to own her own bridal shop. Therefore we would combine the businesses.


What do you enjoy most about your job?

There are so many to list, but if I had to choose one, it would be the people that you get to meet and work with. Everyone, for the most part, is such a pleasure to work with and making friends along the way is a definite bonus! It is such an amazing feeling when you see the couple so happy & loving one another on their “perfect” wedding day! It sure beats sitting behind a desk all day long.


What has been the best moment of your business?

I cherish every moment of the my business, but I have to say I do love watching the grooms face, as he watches his bride walk down the aisle, and when the ceremony is over and the happy couple walk down the aisle together, so happy.


What are your plans for the future?

Plans for the future, keep planning gorgeous weddings for happy couples, and my daughter has her own ideas which she would like to incorporate into the business, she would like to extend the business, with a bridal shop and then we combine the business into one.


Can you give us a ‘Typical day in the life of….’?

I am a mother of 3 children aged 20, 15 and 4 years

My day starts with getting up at 6am, to start my day job, I’m lucky to have a house husband who gets ready and takes the youngest to school, while I go to my day job as a PA.

While I am at my day job, I am emailing clients and suppliers, and taking calls, between my day job duties.

Once my day job is finished, I sometimes go straight to meetings with clients and suppliers.


Then once home at 6pm ( if no clients visits ) I have dinner with my family, do homework with the kids, and then get the little one ready and settled into bed.

Around 8.30 I will do research and catch up on paperwork, and the recent trends, proposals, emails and calls to clients and suppliers, work with my daughter on her inspiration boards, you will also find me on twitter, as I love to chat and network with other suppliers in the industry. As the saying goes, its good to talk.

At the weekend unless I have a wedding to attend or clients dress fittings, and cake tasting and caterers to visit. I spend as much time with the children as possible, doing something fun, my family are my life, and without them, and the loving support from my husband, my business would not be the success it is today

To see Ardley Weddings & Events special offer

Ardley Wedding & Events website

Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter





No comments:

Post a Comment