Pages

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Pitstopx Jewellery Interview

Todays supplier interview comes from Pitstopx Jewellery.


Company Name:

PitstopX Jewellery


When did you launch your business?

April 2010


What inspired you to start your business?

I’ve been making jewellery for about 18 years, including taking a degree in Jewellery and Silversmithing and creating pieces for friends and family. I love creating unique pieces that no-one else will have, sharing my love of jewellery and tailoring the designs to suit the wearer and decided it was about time that I tried doing this full time and making it into a business.


What do you enjoy most about your job?

I love that every day is different – I get to create new designs, meet new people and either help them discover the excitement of creating their own beautiful jewellery or work with them to design the perfect piece of jewellery to complement their special occasion.


What has been the best moment of your business?

Learning so much! Every day I learn something new, from pushing myself to design and make more challenging jewellery as well as learning huge amounts from my students every month.


What are your plans for the future?

I hope to continue to grow my business and make more jewellery, and I’m also considering writing a jewellery making book to include some of the projects I’ve designed for my classes.


Can you give us a ‘Typical day in the life of….’?

There isn’t really a typical day – that’s what I love about it!

Most days will start with checking my e-mails and replying to any enquiries, preparing the room, tools and materials for students, then either teaching, creating class samples and handouts, working on new design ideas, updating my website, photographing work or preparing for wedding or craft fairs.

I make sure that whatever else I’m doing; I work on a piece of jewellery every day, even if I have no orders, or am busy with other aspects of the business


For Pitstopx Jewellery special offer with Big Day Discounts
http://www.bigdaydiscounts.co.uk/featured-offers-79-pitstopx-jewellery

Pitstopx Jewellery
http://www.pitstopx.co.uk

Sign up to the Big Day Discounts newsletter
http://www.bigdaydiscounts.co.uk/register




No comments:

Post a Comment